When the Michigan Department of Transportation began the bridge rehab project on US-131 south of Wealthy Street, it was said that double lane closures could be expected nights and weekends throughout the project.
But last week, MDOT said night and weekend double lane closures would be suspended through June 30.
There is nothing on MDOT's online schedule that says the double lane closures are back for this weekend.
However, I think they will return.*
Last night, the double lane closures were back after MDOT sent out an email notice Wednesday afternoon.
By the way, the schedule for the project has the single lane closure during daylight hours to shift from the left lane to the center lane on Monday, July 7. That is a very unusual move. I expect some drivers to be confused when this pops up, so expect more frequent backups southbound just after Leonard Street and northbound just after Burton Street.
MDOT released a notice Thursday morning that moved up the center lane closure
to Friday night (6/29) and reinstates the double lane closures for weekends and weeknights Friday night.